Return Merchandise Authorization & Warranty Service
With many reasons, the warranty is not a dealer replacement situation. While 'everyone' can point out what is damaged, it is a science and required specific instruments to determine if the damage product is warrantable under the HOBBYWING manufacture warranty terms and conditions. The situation is rather complex than anything else that HOBBYWING is committed to take extra step to take care of your customers directly if one has experience an issue with any HOBBYWING branded product.
- All warranty with Hobbywing is "factory direct" for the consumer. There are no options for HOBBYWING Dealers to be authorized to issue warranty replacements and get credit from HOBBYWING.
- All customers with any service or warranty issues should be directed to Hobbywing for services. We offer a complete "Online" process that involves a simple only information form, and an email or two with our "RMA Department" to finalize Warranty replacement.
- Be advised, HOBBYWING does not offer any sort of "automatic" replacements. All warranty processing for North America is done through our Offices in CA through our Return Merchandise Authorization Form and online/email process.
For situations where there is an ESC that requires review for warranty, step # 1, regardless of the overall scenario, is to advise your customer to complete the Service Request Form that is under Support at our North America online facility https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/pages/rma. This will start the Warranty inspection process and also provide any other service options that are available.
DO NOT SEND PRODUCTS INTO HWNA without completing, and receiving an RMA from HWNA directly. Nobody is allowed to open un-authorized package due to Los Angeles security and safety protocol established by Los Angeles district regulation.
I am in business for more than 20 years. I know what I am doing and your product came in damaged (DOA).
HW: We respect your hobby experiences. yet Brushless motor technology isn't yet reach to 20 years. : ) regardless of your experience level, any damaged product needs to be inspected by our trained engineer.
My customer just dropped off a product and I would like to get a replacement.
HW: Please contact sales-na@Hobbywing.com to request a return authorization number. Our trained engineer will perform a warranty inspection and let you know if the product is warrantable.
What is Warranty vs Non-Warranty?
We offer Warranty as well as Non Warranty service. Please explain in your RMA Form Notes, if you want "WARRANTY" service or "NON WARRANTY" service based on the following information.
For Non Warranty service, you are not concerned with warranty, just want to know your exchange/repair/upgrade options. We do not offer "Test" services for this, we do not offer "replace the wires", or case replacement. Items are exchanged, or you are provided a replacement cost through our website. This is for situations where "Damage is done" and a discounted replacement is being offered.
For warranty services, you will need your sales receipt as well as being able to explain the trouble shooting and testing you have done. If you do not have your sales receipt, please explain why you do not and considerations will be made.
Normal warranty, is 30 days from the date of purchase. Warranty is "not automatic" and is only determined after the items are inspected by our technicians.
To help your warranty processing please consider the following: We need a basic description of "what the unit is doing wrong", something more than "Does not work right", "Glitches out" or "shuts down". What happens, color lights, and any other items working or not working during these problems. Based on your notes, we will go 1 of 2 basic routes, asking you further questions to confirm warranty testing, or we will provide you your Final RMA # as well as your designated service dept Address for your item to be shipped to. Please note, Warranty does not cover any shipping costs. Warranty is not for dealers, hobby shops or installers and is an "End User" process.
What happens once you send it in?
Your item will be tested for the reported problem and confirmed. Once testing is completed, you will be emailed directly to complete the warranty processing. This stage generally takes 24-48 hours during business hours.
Please see the complete the "Request Service Form" mentioned above to begin your service process. If you have concerns or questions about the process, need to "Clarify" anything, please do so in the NOTES of the Service Request Form.
Abuse includes but is not limited to the following:
- Use of the system outside of its intended use.
- Damage resulting from incorrect wiring, over voltage, overloading, improper gearing or propping (overloading), improper motor selection, incorrect settings, insufficient batteries or connectors and/or poor solder joints on connectors.
Note: This includes: Using a controller outside of its intended performance specification (running outside of MAX voltage/current, gearing, or wrong application/vehicle). Physical damage including crashes and water submersion. Modification of controller such as soldering on controller, gluing items on the controller, potting the controller, etc. There are no user-serviceable parts on these controllers, we do not recommend attempts to repair or solder on the board.
In short anything that can be considered abuse is not covered by warranty.
Our warranty liability shall be limited to repairing or replacing the unit to HOBBYWING original specifications. Because we have no control over the installation or use of this product, in no case shall we be liable for damages.
Additionally, these items void the warranty and require billing information - No exception:
- Using speed control in an application it was not rated for.
- Exceeding the product specifications.
- Disabling ESC OVERHEAT PROTECTION or MOTOR OVERHEAT PROTECTION.
- Allowing water or moisture into the speed controller. (Except Waterproof ESC)
- Failure to attach the supplied capacitor.
- Incorrect wiring or use inconsistent with the instructions.
- Using the wrong polarity connectors on the battery and motor wires from the speed controller.
- Warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product only. Warranty is non-transferable.
- Failure to include a receipt proving date of purchase.
- Product(s) purchased from non-authorized dealer See the authorized dealer list in North America. Purchasing from Hong kong retailers and eBay sellers who do not follow HOBBYWING MAP policy deem item non-warranty.